NOTE: A valid email address is required! The Access Key is sent automatically after payment. Please check your SPAM/BULK folder or call/email us to request the email to be resent. This product is non-returnable and non-refundable! All purchases are final!
After successful completion, please contact us to schedule the mandatory, in-person skills test at one of our facilities.
***Please note: At this time there are no PALS Skills Sessions available at the Austin Location.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to
- Perform high-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
- Perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
- PALS Precourse Self-Assessment to evaluate learner’s ability to integrate both rhythm interpretation and use of pharmacologic agents
- 12 interactive hospital-based patient scenarios (individual scenarios within each case may vary depending on the learner to maximize the learning opportunities and mimic the variation of real-life scenarios)
- A team dynamics lesson on basic team principles and integrating these principles in a simulated code
- Summary of critical concepts provided for each eSimulation case
- Virtual debriefings provided immediately after each eSimulation
- Online access to the PALS Provider Manual and the 2015 Handbook of ECC
- A multiple choice, 50-question exam to test cognitive knowledge
- Certificate of completion available to print after HeartCode PALS modules, exam, and course evaluation have been completed successfully
- Access to all information included in HeartCode PALS for 24 months following activation of course
- eSimulations cases: 2 airway obstruction; 4 shock; l;ung tissue disease; bradycardia; Supraventricular tachycardia; PEA/asystole and VF/VT
Card Type: PALS Provider Course card
CE/CME credits: Yes
Tech requirements: http://www.onlineaha.org/technical_requirements.