This web-based eLearning course, jointly developed by the AHA and the American Medical Association, is a competency training course focused on proper in-office blood pressure (BP) measurement. The course is designed to educate healthcare professionals on how to measure BP accurately on all three BP measurement devices: manual; semi-automated; and automated. It also aims to help clinicians achieve competence in consistent, accurate BP measurement and improve confidence in their ability to better identify patients at risk for hypertension.
Course content includes:
- Recognizing the latest BP categories
- Consistently and accurately taking BP measurements
- Discussing BP with patients
- Improving patient care
- Self-directed, eLearning course is for use by a single student
- Meets web accessibility requirements
- Approximate completion time: 30 minutes
- Certificate of completion available upon successful course completion
- Course content available for 24 months (2 years) following activation
Upon successful completion of this course, students will receive a certificate of completion.
Compatible Devices/Operating System:
- Computing Hardware
- Intel Core 2 Duo Processor or equivalent
- Operating Systems
- Windows 7 or newer, Mac OS 10.7 or newer, iOS and Android
- Internet Connection
- Broadband – DSL, Cable Modem, Fiber, Wireless
- Web Browsers
- The latest versions of Chrome (recommended), Firefox, Internet Explorer 11, Edge, and Safari
eProducts cannot be returned once redeemed/activated.