This is a non-returnable/non-refundable item. All sales are final.
The PALS Provider Manual is for use by a single student and provides information needed before, during, and after class. A code within the front cover of the manual provides students access to a website containing mandatory and supplemental information and reference materials, including the PALS Precourse Self- Assessment (must pass with score of 70% or higher), to help them successfully complete the course.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Perform high-quality Child CPR AED and Infant CPR per AHA BLS recommendations
- Differentiate between patients who do and do not require immediate intervention
- Recognize cardiopulmonary arrest early and begin CPR within 10 seconds
- Apply team dynamics
- Differentiate between respiratory distress and failure
- Perform early interventions for respiratory distress and failure
- Differentiate between compensated and decompensated (hypotensive) shock
- Perform early interventions for the treatment of shock
- Differentiate between unstable and stable patients with arrhythmias
- Describe clinical characteristics of instability in patients with arrhythmias
- Implement post–cardiac arrest management
Minimum technical requirements are available at https://ebooks.heart.org/staticcms/support