The ALS: Procedural Sedation Module covers pre-procedural considerations for the use of procedural sedation, including identification of the levels of sedation and when sedation becomes general anesthesia. The course describes how to evaluate patients prior to, during, and post-procedural sedation. It educates providers on equipment needed for monitoring patients, common medications to use, as well as reversal agents to have on hand to safely perform procedural sedation. Criteria for a safe discharge post-sedation is also covered.
- Features engaging, True Adaptive™ learning
- Responsive design ensures compatibility on mobile devices and tablets
- Students can select their level of competence as they begin the course and can change their selection at any time during the course
- All curriculum is web-accessible through inclusive design (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- Ease of use for more students – works on all common browsers (no more Flash)
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the Pre-Procedure preparation for Procedural Sedation
- Describe the Intra-Procedural considerations for Procedural Sedation
- Describe the Post-Procedural considerations for Procedural Sedation
Compatible Devices/Operating System:
- Web Browsers: Latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari
- Operating Systems and Computing Hardware: Win8+ with 4GB+ RAM, MacOS 10.13+ with 4GB+ RAM, Android 8+ with 2GB+ RAM, iOS 11+ with 2GB+ RAM
- Internet Connection: Broadband – Fiber, wireless, DSL, cable modem
- While the system will run in smaller screen sizes, these are the recommended minimum sizes for the best experience: 4″ (mobile) or higher
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm Central Time Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm Central Time, code will be emailed Monday morning.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see our AHA Information page.
This version is not compliant with the data privacy regulations under the (EU) European Union and should not be purchased for use in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City
eProducts cannot be returned once redeemed/activated.