Maternal Cardiac Arrest (MCA) is a life-threatening event that may occur in any healthcare setting, even outside the hospital. Cardiac arrest in this population poses unique challenges to a healthcare team since there are critical actions affecting two patients. The ALS: Maternal Cardiac Arrest Module explores the why of MCA and how to treat pregnant cardiac arrest patients within a hospital.
- Features engaging, True Adaptive™ learning
- Responsive design ensures compatibility on mobile devices and tablets
- Students can select their level of competence as they begin the course and can change their selection at any time during the course
- All curriculum is web-accessible through inclusive design (WCAG 2.1 AA)
- Ease of use for more students – works on all common browsers (no more Flash)
Course Learning Objectives:
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- Identify current factors influencing maternal morbidity and mortality in the United States in relation to maternal cardiac arrest
- Describe how to determine a different diagnosis for maternal cardiac arrest
- Describe the relevant physiologic changes of pregnancy that impact the resuscitation of Mother and Fetus during maternal cardiac arrest
- Discuss modifications that are required in maternal resuscitation protocols
- Describe key components of the management schema for response to cardiopulmonary arrest during pregnancy
- Discuss implementation strategies for ongoing resuscitation measures when initial resuscitation strategies are unsuccessful to achieve ROSC
Compatible Devices/Operating System:
- Web Browsers: Latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Safari
- Operating Systems and Computing Hardware: Win8+ with 4GB+ RAM, MacOS 10.13+ with 4GB+ RAM, Android 8+ with 2GB+ RAM, iOS 11+ with 2GB+ RAM
- Internet Connection: Broadband – Fiber, wireless, DSL, cable modem
- While the system will run in smaller screen sizes, these are the recommended minimum sizes for the best experience: 4″ (mobile) or higher
Access codes will be emailed within 24 hours when orders are placed between 7:30am–5:30pm Central Time Monday–Friday. If order is placed on Friday after 5pm Central Time, code will be emailed Monday morning.
For FAQs, technical specifications, and more information on digital products, please see our AHA Information page.
This version is not compliant with the data privacy regulations under the (EU) European Union and should not be purchased for use in: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czechia (Czech Republic), Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom, Vatican City
eProducts cannot be returned once redeemed/activated.