NOTE: A valid email address is required! The Access Key is sent automatically after payment. Please check your SPAM/BULK folder or call/email us to request the email to be resent. This product is non-returnable and non-refundable! All purchases are final!
Course content includes:
- Apply the BLS, Primary, and Secondary Assessments sequence for a systematic evaluation of adult patients
- Perform prompt, high-quality BLS, including prioritizing early chest compressions and integrating early automated external defibrillator (AED) use
- Recognize and perform early management of respiratory arrest
- Discuss early recognition and management of ACS and stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and perform early management of bradyarrhythmias and tachyarrhythmias that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Recognize and perform early management of cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post–cardiac arrest care
- Model effective communication as a member or leader of a high-performance team
- Evaluate resuscitative efforts during a cardiac arrest through continuous assessment of CPR quality, monitoring the patient’s physiologic response, and delivering real-time feedback to the team
- Recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Discuss how the use of a rapid response team or medical emergency team may improve patient outcomes
- Define systems of care
Successful completion: For successful course completion, students must demonstrate skills competency in all learning stations, pass the high-quality BLS skills test, bag-mask ventilation with OPA/NPA insertion skills test, and the Megacode test. They also must pass the ACLS exam with a score of 84% or higher. Upon successful completion, students receive an ACLS course completion card.
The AHA’s eBooks Store provides 24/7 access to browse, purchase, view, and download AHA CPR, first aid, and advanced cardiovascular care materials. The AHA’s eBooks Store supports online access via Internet browser or offline access on mobile devices using the AHA eBooks app or the offline reader, iPublishCentral.
Following are the technical specifications:
- Internet Explorer -> Version 9.0 (partial support – some features may not work as expected), version 10.0 and above (full support)
- Mozilla Firefox -> Version 30 and above
- Google Chrome-> Version 35 and above
- Opera-> Version 23 and above
- Safari: Version 5.3
- Firefox: Version 18
- Opera: Version 23 and above
NOTE: For full functionality, Flash Version 22.214.171.124 and up
PC or Mac:
- To access AHA eBooks offline, first download the iPublishCentral reader from the My Bookshelf page at http://eBooks.heart.org using an Internet connection and current access rights to the title(s)
- Adobe Air, latest version
- Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Available memory space 500MB and above
Android tablet app
- Android 4.0 or later, access to Google Play Market. Download AHA eBooks free app available through the Google Play store.
- RAM 2GB
- Available Memory Space 500MB and above